Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Exploring Gen X - Gen Y Learning deisgns

I got this opportunity to connect with the head of L&D at Wipro on Saturday. So during our quick chat on the phone, I shared about my passion for Learning Designs. I explained some of the work I had done in bringing in business alignment to training initiatives.

Thanks to me... He did not get convinced! =) So here is what happened. I offered to work out a design for a scenario he would suggest. And this gentleman proposed a scenario involving the need for a solution to the generational differences that hinder Gen X and Gen Y from getting along in a work environment and how to break through.

Wow! Wow! Man... was I so excited! I wanted to so get in with a paper and pen that the fact that I was in Bangalore for a wedding just slipped ( a wedding where my dad landed for the first time in his life for a short 2 day visit!).

Anyways... on my journey back to Chennai from Blore... I got the time I wanted. Fed my thoughts on to my phone. And worked till 4 am of Monday morning to send this across. I was just so happy =) This brought in so much room for imagination. I got it into a ppt and send it across. 

Guess what! I got my meeting with this gentleman on the same evening. He consented to a late evening chat and we got to run across my design. =)

Some of my suggestions on this proposal had evolved around the immense room for collaboration among the two generations + the possibility of Skill exchange + the need for Informal learning culture in the organization.

End of the day... I got my bit of adrenaline rush. The satisfaction of venturing out on a new performance solution. 

And Yes... Thank You Lord for opportunities!! I am ever grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment