Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Estimate time

So... how good are you at estimating Time?

I was challenged last Sunday by a question at church. It was a very small piece of the sermon/presentation. But, the question is still lingering in my head... (with prime importance!)

Given a new assignment/project - 'How good are we at estimating timelines?'

Peter Drucker said: If you don't measure, you can't manage. I want to add: If you don't estimate, you can't measure.

- Pause -

let's put the pieces together:

If I don't estimate (time), I can't measure (time);
If I don't measure (time), I can't manage (time).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree and believe with what I heard, estimating time could be one of the most important skills we will ever learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment