Friday, April 15, 2011

Go-Home Strategies

Few days back, I was pondering about how to improvise learning strategies for a particular client. And this thought pops up! The need for Go-to-Home strategies.

So what is this whole new wave of thought?

Well, today I see children and their working parents are mostly out-of-home. Everybody is out-of-home for work, leisure, school, groceries, movies or for some reason or the other. I think the Ugly Truth for this is probably there is nothing engaging at home... and all the presumed engagement and fun happens out-of-home. The four walls of concrete end up being just the place where we wake up and go to sleep.

(I am jus curious... How much of well engaged time do we spend at home?)

My premise is... How cool would it be if kids, parents, husbands and wives felt great about coming home and doing stuff together? What if there is a platform at home where you can show-off, try something out, learn something new, and most importantly have 'face-time'.

(Face-time is a new word I learnt from Hans Finzel. It refers to 'real-time face to face conversations'. Thanks to TV, mobiles, PS3, facebook, and the so-called 'Work' we are always busy doing... that all of us need to start looking at people's faces a little more than facebook!)

My point... I guess we learning consultants need to get some ideas for home-engagement. Today, I was thinking in lines of getting families to work together with kids on specific learning behaviors which are mutually beneficial (ie: Parents get to learn from their kids and vice-versa)

Guys... Corporates strive to make their offices 'Great Place to Work' ... how about we make our homes 'Great Place to Live/Learn/Love/... may be even 'Work' like someone I know =)

No comments:

Post a Comment